Casting time: 12 Hours. The caster must spend the casting time undisturbed and with access to campaign appropriate magical resources.
Cost: caster allocates 100 Solidi (gold) per maximum effect desired.
Once the familiar is summoned, the Spellcaster increases his END score by the Size rating of the familiar. If the familiar is killed, his END score is immediately returned to the pre-familiar value. spellcaster then immediately takes 2xSize value as damage; normal wounding and unconsciousness rules for first hit apply. This damage is healed normally. If a familiar is banished by the caster, only the additional END points are lost.
The familiar is a large example of its type, with maximum physical values. The INT of the familiar is its normal int +1d6 -size +any allocated effect. Familiars also have an EDU rating (Learning or LRN) equivalent which is equal to its size plus any allocated effect.
- Common Speech (1)Familiar is able to speak an understandable language.
- Scrying (2) For 10 min/day, the caster may see thru the familiars eyes.
- Manipulative skill (1) The familiar is treated as if it had appropriately sized hands; some modification may be necessary, but generally assume that some limbs of the familiar are unusually dexterous and tactile.
- Armor(1) The familiars armror is increased by one level over its normal counterpart
- Stealth(2) The familiar is treated as having the sstealth skill-2 inaddition to any natural benefits.
- Flight(1) The familiar can fly if it is normally unable to, or fly twice as fast if it is.
- Toughness(1)The Familiars END score is doubled with no gain in mass.
- Invisibility(3) familiar can become invisible for 1 hour/day.
- Enhanced natural weapons(1) any natural weapons the familiar has are increased by +1 to hit and +2 Damage.
- Poison.(2) Any successful physical attack by the familiar is treated as poisoned (qv)