Sunday, July 11, 2010

Adventurer: Some initial comments

Okay, so far (other than copy editing, which I appreciate but don't need to ppost for discussion ...) The main comments have been regarding the areas that are marked as needing development. At present, the most commented on is the reputation mustering out benefit -like, what does it do and how does it work ? I'll be on that one next. Second up are the spells that aren't defined, including one whole mystery tradition. As regards the spells, I'm very tempted to just pull out the missing spells and ignore them. This is partly because, well, spell development and testing is hard hard work, and tedious. Honestly, RPGs would be way easier to write if the original RPG was written by someone who deeply believed that spells were something only the bad guys used, ever, and to be completely avoided. MUCH easier. And would we really miss them ? Ah, what a wonderful world it would be.....

Oh well. Ignore the fact that the majority of my characters in whatever FRPG are magic using fools....writing spells is much more of a pain than using them...and much less fun than "taking advantage" of them in a munchkiny way. So, yes, in this case, I am the problem I am warning myself about....or something.

More to come.

No comments: